Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Thread: My weakness

My weakness

One of my big problems with my Sit & Go game is my betting - I think I play a good game but I don''t feel that I am maxmizing pot value when I have a hand and loosing too much when I am beat (but some of this is due to prob to many all in's)

So, what I am looking for are some guidelines about betting - or how do I learn how to bet?? I know that a lot of this is table, players, game dependant - but there must be a better way to learn then I am now...

Thanks

I think it's very difficult to say how much you should bet in any situation because there can be many different variables. I like to try and do the same thing so that no variances show up. For example if I decide to bet on the flop generally I will bet the pot (hey "bet the pot" now thats a good name for a poker forum). That way nobody can pick up on different amounts that you may bet.

I notice you put losing too much down to "too many all ins". I believe in a S&G, certainly early on, you should be avoiding going all in. Especially if somebody else is putting you all in. I think you need to be careful of hands that will clearly make you a second best hand, eg kj, qj, aj etc Obviously once the blinds have increased to a decent amount (about level 4 on PP), you will find that you will be going all in more if you are on a shortish stack to pick up pots.

Thanks Mad,

I am not going all in early in the tournaments, this starts to happen arround the 50/100 level when I am short stacked and feel that I need to double up to stay alive - so I am all in in a lot more marginal situations - and as of late - no matter how much I am ahead I have been sucked out on......

But a quick thought about that - what do you think - I wonder if I feel that there are more bad beats because there are many more Head up's all ins in a Sit and Go - so you see the beats much more then you would if your playing in a ring game ....

Your right about the bad beats. When you are all in your seeing the hand all the way to the river. When your checking calling raising. Once a scare card hits your folding so the bad beat isn't happening as much. That is why the micro ring games you hear of the bad beats more also because the fish are chasing everything to the river.

Good luck and do your best not to go all in as long as your around the average. Remeber the only hand that means anything in a SnG is the last one. There is no set rule on when your short stacked enough to go all in with Ax. But I like to use the 10 X the BB rule unless the blinds are over 100. If the blinds are over 100 try stealing the blinds with a 2 or 3 X the BB raise first. If your called you can go all in after the flop if the other player shows weakness. Players will call and all in with small PP before the flop but they will muck them after the flop if a scare card hits.

I am newbie to poker. I know a few of S&G strategies. S&G Booster can help you to learn and improve at any level. ALL the stages, strategies and moves you need are explained in detail-with many concepts and ideas! S&G lessons that the pros use to consistently win. You can get detail here.

http://acepokersolutions.com/sit_and_go.html

PokerCents

My weakness

Yeah..sounds like the inside would be best.

I have noticed though, Safety Seal plugs are the best. They have slime in them. They have a killer repair kit.