Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus
    PokerCents

Lightbulb How to play MTT hand?

$20+2 Deep Stack tourney on PokerStars (5K starting chips, 30 minute levels). 297 players, 76 remaining, 45 placed paid. My M=10.

I pick up AKs in late position. I pop to 3X BB which was my standard at the table. Min reraise by the button. Everyone else folds. I shove over the top. Instacall. He has AA.

I probably could have held on until the money, but just barely, so I figured let's try to get some chips and make a run for real money.

Did I do the right thing?

Min re-raise screams big pair. Your logic seems sound to me, but you could have probably found a better hand to get it in with.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerCrack View Post
    Min re-raise screams big pair. Your logic seems sound to me, but you could have probably found a better hand to get it in with.
    ORLY???

M=10, get it in, move on to next MTT

edit, BTW dont 3x...min raise or just a bit more is more than enough,

Quote Originally Posted by knightfan View Post
    ORLY???

M=10, get it in, move on to next MTT

edit, BTW dont 3x...min raise or just a bit more is more than enough,
    Sorry, my fault. I thought it was on bubble. 76 remaining and 45 paid - it is far from the bubble for slow playing and with M=10 you have to use any possibility to increase your bankroll. So knightfan is absolutely right and 2x or 2.5x raise was the right move. And you had no way back after this move so allin and go to the next MTT with the good feeling that you've played everything right.