Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Question What would YOU have done?

Hi guys! Nice forum.

Here is my situation:

296 multi, NL of course...$30 entry, there were 64 of us left and top 30 places pay...blinds 150/300, i have 3100 on the button...checks around to CO, who is big chip leader, w/about 16,000... he makes it 1000 to go, typical 3x bet...i have JJ... and didn't hesitate for a second, only about 10 BB's left, figure he's trying to steal and use pressure with his big stack, GOT to make a move to move up, good chance here to steal or double...so all in.
    Would you have done this?? Or just called and seen a flop?
    Course wouldn't be posting this, had i won...tell you what he had shortly...perhaps either would have been fine, but i didn't want any A,K or Q to hit the flop...

I'll say AK and yes I would have pushed in too.

had to go all the same. was short stack

If you are against the chip leader it is very simple to shove all in. He had invested 1/3 of your money and for sure will call with any two I think. The only time when you don't go all in in this spot is when you want action from short stack or want more people if you have bigger hand.