Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus
    PokerCents

Question for any pros

To any of you that earn a living purely from poker, or anyone who has a professional attitude to their poker.

I assume you have a bankroll that is either X buyins or X dollars/pounds/whatever. How do you determine when you will withdraw surplus from the BR? Personally I withdraw my winnings in £50 chunks over my bankroll, though I do find it slightly stressful and groundhog day-like to always be starting the day at zero or minus if the BR swung down a bit after cashing profit out. Obviously though siphoning cash off is what we live on.

Plus, does anyone keep a certain % in order to make the bankroll ever larger, if so, at what point do you decide its time to bump the BR up however many units?

Appreciate any comments, bankroll chat is mainly 'you should have 300 BB's' or 'you should have at least X buyins' and so little is mentioned of peoples approach to living of their bankroll.

PokerCents
    Heres what I do. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to reach XX amount before spending a dime of it. Once I reached that point, I decided that at the end of each month, I would take out 75% of my winnings to spend and leave 25% in my roll for further bankroll growth.

Now I can play pretty much any game I want without worry about a bad streak killing my bankroll, and I still get to enjoy my hard work. I think its much better to wait until the end of each month instead of spending it each time you go above whatever threshold you use.

I pay myself $1000/wk out of my BR. All remaining funds stay in the BR. When my BR reached a point where it became double the amount necessary to comfortably play the limits which I do I began giving myself quarterly (3 month) bonuses which consist of 50% of the increase for that quarter.

TheUncle, do you still take out the $1000/wk when you have a loosing week?