Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Questions about SNG

Hi, the first question is how much do you normally raise when trying to steal the blinds an sng...I realize that it is probably situation dependent, but is there an amount you normally start with, without any other reads, say 5x BB?

The second question is whether or not pokertracker works well for sng's as well, and also whether it is easy to learn how to use, and interpret the results?

thanks,

PokerCents
    I never liked PokerTracker for SNGs. There are just too mnay different situations where you play a certain hands different ways, especially as it gets short handed.
    For example: You might raise with A9 when its short handed but fold it most other times.

I think 5BBs is a bit much for a blind steal. 3 or 4 should be plenty.

For blind stealing, remember your pot odds concepts. If you raise 3xBB, it only has to work 1/2 as often as raising 6xBB for it to be just as profitable.

I would suggest, for now, having a standard raise amount for preflop raises, and almost always raising that same amount whether you have a hand or whether you are stealing. Get plenty of experience under your belt before you start making things more complicated than that.

I still almost always raise 3 or 4 BB (3 from UTG, UTG+1, and LP and 4 from MP) as a standard raise, and only rarely vary from that.

Remember that if you are short stacked enough that a 3xBB raise would effectively committ you to the pot, you might as well go ahead and raise all-in.

PokerCents

Questions about SNG

Might be, I would fill them till grease just starts to push out or the pump gets pretty firm.

Is the noise more of a deep clunk or a bang?

If you liked this post in addition to you would want to receive more details regarding What happens if you forfeit bonus bovada or Can you cash out on betPawa kindly pay a visit to our own site

PokerCents

Questions about SNG

Thanks so much, somnonaut

that is exactly what i needed. Our respironics sales rep didnt have this information either. He was no help at all.

This board is AWESOME

Here is more info in regards to Should I give Elder Scrolls to Dexion or How do I play games on my laptop take a look at our own webpage