Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Interesting SNG hand

15/30 blinds, i have a stack of about 1200. I get 33 in mp, 2 limpers to me, i call 30. 2 limpers behind me sb goes all in 25 total, bb completes.
    Flop comes 3Q10. Its checked to me and I bet 150 in a 175 pot. Folded to the the guy right before me and he check raises me to 500 total. He's the only one that has me covered.
    I think for a long time and decide to fold since i got a big stack and its early so survival is key and I fold. Guy shows КК for an overpair with the flush draw and beats the all in guy and takes the pot. Turn was another 10 and I would have won. Was this move too weak/tight? I didn't have much of a read on this guy except that how he got his stack, he got runner runner flush as he chased overcards on a blank flop.

PokerCents
    Is this a 10 seat SnG, or 6 or 5? Multi-Table? You said it was early, how many were left, and how many places get paid?

It was $5 10 seat SnG on Mintedpoker, single table, all 10 players left and 3 places paid.

Quote Originally Posted by briachek View Post
    . Was this move too weak/tight?

yes, it was

I didn't have much of a read on this guy except that how he got his stack, he got runner runner flush as he chased overcards on a blank flop

pretty good read to me

just get it in, even this early

First, you have a guy to your right who checkraises you with KK. And HE LIMPED?

That is an amazingly stupid(before is said strange) play...the best part is he checkraises here where you could easily have the nut flush draw as well as flush already...because of your bet on the flop, his play is good for you because he thinks you are drawing to a flush. I would assume now I am drawing to a Full House to win the hand because he has a flush. You need only 1.6 on your money to make this a break even EV and you are getting pot odds of 2.36 on your money(someone let me know if I screwed this up, still practicing), so you should be calling here to see if you fill up. If you miss and don't pair the board, this will leave you with 670 after the turn and that is close to what you started with and enough chips to start building again. I would probably fold on the turn w/o the board pairing if he were to go all in.

I would have called here to see what developed, and when the 10 hit I would have called an all in by the other player or pushed all in myself. If he has QT, then you lose, but I would have never put him on KK...what an idiot, even if people constantly call w/ crap early in a SNG...you have to bet that hand. And I also call his checkraise on the flop. He will pay you off and you, with a chips stack of 2500+ early, will cash and probably win the tournament...

Remember to put this guy on the buddy list...I always like the idiots who chase down high cards and limp in w/ monster hands...they give you every chance to take their chips.

lol, so you want him to put in ~1/2 of his stack OTF then fold a set OTT?

this is terrible