Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Slow-playing KK/AA short-handed

I know Harrington advocates often slow-playing KK/AA when 3-handed or less. For me, it has NEVER worked out right. Here's the situations I've run into with 3-handed or less in unraised pots pre-flop:

1) Flop comes JJ4. Checks around on flop and turn, I bet the river and am min-raised. I call and he has trips with J6s.

2) I open-complete the SB with KK, short-stack BB raises all-in with A2 and I call. Rivers an ace.

3) I open-complete with KK, BB raises, I re-raise, he goes all-in and I call. He has AA. K on the flop, A on the river.

4) I open-complete the SB with AA. The flop is raggedy, I check, she checks. The turn puts up a few draws. I throw out a half pot-bet. She folds.

I still have NEVER made a profit with these slow-plays. They end up hitting lucky trips or two-pair, and there's no way for me to know since they could be playing any two in the BB. Perhaps this is all shit variance, but it's really made me consider NEVER slow-playing the monsters.

i don't like that limp especially from sb or bb because if you raise, they won't put you on such a big hand and think its just a steal. Then you get in a pissing contest when you have a great hand.

The thought process behind the limp... more than 70% of the time when it's folded to you in the SB, the BB will not have ANY hand worth playing. Then when the flop comes J84 and he has J7, he's likely to give you action and never put you on a big hand. So some would argue, you are more likely to make a profit from the slow-play in this case. Raising pre-flop usually just makes them fold.