PDA

View Full Version : Building a new house in Isaan

RichardBens14
06-06-2023, 12:27 PM
I am going through the process of planning a new house build on my wife's farm land up country.

I have already prepared plans and elevations of our preferred house design in AutoCAD and am currently fine tuning details. The land is currently being filled and raised approx. 1.5 metres above original level. I anticipate leaving it to rest and bed down for the remainder of the year, and start construction in January next year.

I want this to be a reasonably passive house, so double glazed uPVC windows and sliding doors are being considered. An on-grid hybrid solar system will be added once construction is complete.

I am considering the following components for the external walls: Q-CON AAC (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete) blocks (150mm thk),

VesyMesca
06-06-2023, 12:52 PM
You're a brave man. I hope you're frustration-resistant as well.

adrianruther
06-06-2023, 12:57 PM
It sounds like you're making great progress with planning your new house build in Isaan. Your consideration of a passive house design with double-glazed uPVC windows and an on-grid hybrid solar system is a smart choice for energy efficiency. Using Q-CON AAC blocks, SCG Heat Reflector sheet lining, fire retardant grade polystyrene sheets, and SCG Smartboard drywall for the external walls is a solid approach. These materials can contribute to insulation and thermal efficiency. If you need any further advice or assistance, feel free to explore resources and tips at https://jscustomlandscaping.com. Best of luck with your construction plans, and may your new house be a comfortable and welcoming home for you and your family!