PDA

View Full Version : Notes App Self Scrolls

RichardBens14
08-15-2023, 08:38 AM
I just filed a bug report for the Notes app as follows:

Area: Notes

Summary: When opening Notes with content that is larger than the open Notes App window, and attempting to edit the note, the entire note content scrolls automatically to the top although the cursor remains where text editing was inserted. Typing on the Smart Keyboard will allow text entry however the note insistently keeps scrolling to the top regardless of how often or how much text is entered into the note. Scrolling the note manually with your touch will stop the action from occurring, however that is intermittent and sometimes will scroll automatically as well. This issue will occur on both iPad and iPhone and regardless of the app is used full screen on the iPad or in Split Screen. When the Notes window is not focused and the user is engaging an app in the other split screen window, the Note window does not scroll, only when it is the focused App.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Notes

2. Begin to edit the note by scrolling down and selecting text or placing your cursor to enter text.

3. More likely to happen with a note which has enough text to enable scrolling of the note.

Expected Results: The note body of text should not scroll while editing or entering text and should remain where placed either by scrolling to the place of entry with using touch or with moving the cursor with the direction keys of the Smart Keyboard.

Actual Results: The note scrolls on its own without intervention.

Version: IOS Beta 10.0(14A5261v)

Configuration: iPad Pro 12.9" and iPhone 6S both with iOS beta 10.0

shakalnalgal
08-15-2023, 10:10 AM
I've just encountered this in march 2023 after no problems for 8 years. In the file that gave me the problem I'd copy pasted some text from a web page. I copied the whole file to a text editor then copied it back again. Problem disappeared.

septoxid
08-15-2023, 10:14 AM
I've had a similar dance with the Notes app on my iPad and iPhone. It's like the notes have a mind of their own. So glad you filed a bug report – that's how improvements happen. Your detailed steps to reproduce the issue are on point. Let's hope the team smooths out this quirk soon. Meanwhile, I use https://notesonline.com for writing notes. If you're having the same issue, try it too.