PDA

View Full Version : Best fake candles?

RichardBens14
03-13-2024, 09:49 AM
Has anyone come across a fake candle, LED or incandescent, which actually looks decent? I'd like to buy some newer ones, but honestly, all of the fake candles I've tried in recent years look very fake.

The best ones I have are quite ancient at this point were made by a company called Enjoy Lighting and used 3 incandescent micro bulbs at 3 different heights inside the candle's bowl. They don't look good if you look down into them, but as long as you can't see inside, they look and act fantastic. I put some dulling spray on the bulbs to give them a more frosted output. Even the shadows they create on the ceiling and wall look pretty good. Almost the right color and very believable. Unfortunately, they're no longer made and I'm sure I'll have to manually create replacement bulbs if they go bad.

careocerebro
03-13-2024, 11:25 AM
The only ones I know of are Mooncandles, sold in a set of 3 with a remote control unit.

DeanPaladin
03-13-2024, 11:28 AM
Interesting idea! I personally love the creativity of using LEDs and phosphor to mimic candlelight. It's like DIY ambiance! Have you checked out any options from a Canadian candle company (https://candlelore.com/pages/canadian-candle-company)? They might have some cool alternatives worth exploring!