PDA

View Full Version : SCCM - Configuration Manager Missing

RichardBens14
03-26-2024, 03:07 PM
Mac M1 running Parallels Business Edition v19.1

After completing the setup on the machine, I have connected the Windows side to my companies domain. All group policies have been pushed via gpupdate /force. My company uses SCCM and with SCCM, I normally see Computer Management within Control Panel. With this, I can force the machine to talk to SCCM by forcing the Machine Policy Retrieval & Elevation Cycle.

For the VM, Configuration Manager isn't showing within control panel. I've reviewed a lot of KB articles through multiple sources and I cannot seem to find a way for the VM to force the Machine Policy Retrieval & Elevation Cycle.

MichaelDrew
03-26-2024, 08:27 PM
Connecting to your company's domain and pushing group policies are important steps, but it sounds like there might be a specific issue with SCCM not appearing in the Control Panel.

DylanScotland
03-26-2024, 08:27 PM
It sounds like you're facing a bit of a challenge with SCCM on your VM.
Have you had a chance to check out this article on deploying operating systems using SCCM task sequences at https://learnmesccm.com/ts/deploy-sccm-task-sequence.html ? It might provide some insights or tips that could help you with your current issue.
It's great that you've already tried pushing group policies and are familiar with forcing the Machine Policy Retrieval & Elevation Cycle. Sometimes, it can be a bit tricky to get everything working smoothly, especially in virtual environments.