PDA

View Full Version : Any knife nerd patent lawyers?

RichardBens14
03-27-2024, 10:21 AM
I have a folding knife locking mechanism I think is patentable. I am working on a prototype, and trying to figure out the next steps to patent this.

I have worked on patents as a drug discovery chemist, I am sure this is much simpler.

KaylynnEstrada
03-28-2024, 12:27 AM
I'd start at searching the patent database to see if it resembles something already patented or described...for sure a patent lawyer will do that for you, but at a price...

FalmatTaali
03-28-2024, 12:37 AM
It's great to hear that you have a potentially patentable folding knife locking mechanism! Since you have experience with patents, you likely understand the importance of seeking legal advice early in the process.
For your specific invention, you may want to consult with a patent lawyer who specializes in mechanical inventions or has experience with knife-related patents. They can help guide you through the patent application process and ensure that your invention is protected.
If you're looking for a lawyer with expertise in patent law, https://federal-lawyer.com/whistleblower-lawyers/wall-street/ specializes in various legal areas, including whistleblower lawyers for Wall Street. They may be able to provide you with a referral to a patent lawyer who can assist you further.