PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss

RichardBens14
04-22-2024, 07:41 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm so pleased that I have come across this forum, what a fantastic place full of insightful information. I was wondering if anyone can advise regarding hair loss please? I am a coeliac and have been on a strict gluten-free diet for the past 8 years. I started loosing hair after going on gluten free diet however, I have periods when I loose hair and then it stops for a few weeks, always on and off. It feels like something is triggering it but I can't put my finger on it. I don't eat oats, I have to avoid anything acidic, I don't tolerate any starch or anything bitter. Dairy don't seem to trouble me but I might be mistaken. Hence I was wondering if anyone on here has had a similar experience that they could share? I tried to search for hair loss topic on this website but couldn't find any information. Many thanks.

KaylynnEstrada
04-22-2024, 12:01 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply! My GP only did the basic TSH test which was OK as 0.47 (within the recommended range of 0.35 - 4.94). My iron, B12 and vit D levels were all ok. My white blood cells were low (3.7) and bilirubin high (39). I don't take any medication, don't smoke and don't drink at all.

FatimaAbdul
04-22-2024, 12:12 PM
It sounds like you're dealing with a complex situation, and I can understand how frustrating it must be not to have a clear answer. Gut health can indeed play a significant role in various aspects of our well-being, including hair health. Have you considered trying Batana hair and scalp serum (https://batanabio.com/products/batana-oil-for-hair)? It's known for its nourishing properties and may help support your scalp health. It's worth giving it a try to see if it provides any relief for your hair loss concerns.