PDA

View Full Version : What type of poker is better to learn and play?

Fish
10-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi,

I'm really noob in poker but I saw a lot of TV shows where people won a huge sums of $$$ :)
So I want to learn poker and take a shot at this game.

When I've entered the poker room I saw different kinds of games like: Holdem, Omaha, Stud...
So I wonder what type of the game is better to start with?

Please advice.

The Werewolf
10-15-2011, 06:19 AM
LOL I'll take your question seriously because there's nothing else on here.

It doesn't matter what game you start with, but start at low levels. Low low low low low. The lowest you can find. Play online for pennies at a time. That way your education will be cheap. Play until you can beat the level, move up, rinse, repeat.

Or start at higher levels and play at my games and give me your money. Yeah, that's a better idea.

OK, some other advice. Are you good at remembering cards that have been seen but then can't be seen anymore? Play stud.
Are you like me and forget the cards two seconds after they're gone? DO NOT PLAY STUD. Stick with Omaha and Holdem where if you forget the cards in play you can look again because they're still there.

yeah that's all I got.

henrybulldog
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
play high buy in, low stack, high blind muli table tournaments, run good at the beginning and quit before you start to run bad. no rinse no repeat just by me a mail order bride as a gift of gratitude for the madoff money youve won from russians with bad hair cuts.