PDA

View Full Version : Tournament game or Live Cash table which onse better

lihar
10-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I have been playing since over an year now and still struggle to be a winning player in a live cash game. I have played handful of live tournies where a friend organizes an informal poker tourney with 15-20 players and have had good success (in the money) there almost always.

I am generally an aggressive player and my strategy for tournies is to play a little loose in the start and tight in the later stages. Obviously I calibrate based on how the opponents are playing.

I tried various strategies in the live cash game. But I still can't win. I most certainly have to get my bankroll management act straight. But I do a lot of things while on the table. One hand I try to get a tell on someone and lose the betting track. Then the other I track the bet but no show down (waste of efforts). Correct me if I am wrong here but would it help to track the betting pattern in the hands with no showdown? In the end of the day I don't have a defined process and it gets really confusing for me. Ultimately I can't make effective use of my time when not in a hand. Does someone have a defined methodology to track betting patterns for live cash games? Also any tips on live cash games in general would really help.

Where could I find a good bankroll management advice?