PDA

View Full Version : $200NL hand at Pokerstars

realboy
11-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Heres a hand I played last night at Pokerstars. Blinds are $1/$2.

I open raise to $8 from MP with A:heart: Q:club:. Its folded to the BB who calls.

The pot is $17 and the flop comes A:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart:. He leads out for $10. I raise to $30. He reraises all in to $100. Its $70 to me with a pot of about $150. This guy is not very good. He could have anything from a pair and a draw, to a set, to A:club: J:diamond: or even K:spade: 10:club: for the flopped straight. He calls raises with weak aces and any 2 face cards.

Do you call or fold?

BeFirst
11-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Only two hands to worry about JJ and KT... against a weak player I bite the bullet and pray I'm not drawing to four outs, but most likely the hand is good enough to play for all the money. I think even if you hate higher variance plays, that top two is too good to give up against a weak player, against a more solid player with looser raise calling standards calling would be tougher as I would expect to see KT or JJ most of the time.

Smokin'Al
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Hmmm,

AK: 16 combinations, <7 outs (including your redraws)
AJ: 12 combinations, 2 outs
QJ: 12 combinations, 2 outs
(I leave out AT and KQ, but they're possible too. I'd have thought AA and KK unlikely)

vs

KT, 32 combinations, 4 outs for you
QQ, 2 combinations, 2 outs for you
JJ, 6 combinations, 4 outs for you

With the pot laying 2:1, it's a call even if he would be unlikely to make the play with AK. That said, I've generally seen KT when I've made these calls (with AJ the rest of the time), especially against weak opposition.

YouGotPLOwned
11-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Heres a hand I played last night at Pokerstars. Blinds are $1/$2.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zn8pz4.png

ORLY?

realboy
11-07-2011, 03:00 AM
2 YouGotPLOwned: playing on Stars from Mexico. Thanks God it is just 100+ miles from San Antonio.

2 Smokin'Al: Thanks for your analysis.
Because the guy wasnt very good, I thought it was likely that he would call a raise and make a play like this with any of these hands:
I beat....AJ, AK, QJ
Im losing to KT, JJ
I wasnt really worried about AA or QQ.
He could also have a pair and draw like KQ or AT.
Because I was geting 2-1 on my money, I called and unfortunately he had KT.

kenny
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi guys,

I would call as well. Most "bad players" wouldn't lead out and reraise KT so aggressively in this spot. That was actually a very good play by him and made it look like a must-call.

TheUncle
11-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I think a call is in order. His play is only plausible in the following scenerios after the AQJ rainbow flop:

Pure Bluff
JJ, QQ, AA
KT
AQ, AJ
AK, AT?
T9s?

That's where I think the possible hands end, because you said he was not very good. I'm basically dismissing T9s and AT, but they're in the back of my head anyway. Same with QQ and AA because of the mathematical unlikelyhood.

If I'm you, I'm thinking I'm beat 90% of the time that the guy has JJ, KT, and some unlikely hands, I win about 80% of the time he has something like AK and about 90% of the time he has something like AJ or Ax.

Do you think this guy has JJ and KT 66% of the time? I don't. I think he would make this play with AK thinking it was a clever semibluff, i have to call him down.

Domcikas
09-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Only two hands to worry about JJ and KT... against a weak player I bite the bullet and pray I'm not drawing to four outs, but most likely the hand is good enough to play for all the money. I think even if you hate higher variance plays, that top two is too good to give up against a weak player, against a more solid player with looser raise calling standards calling would be tougher as I would expect to see KT or JJ most of the time.

yanka50
09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
I think if he leads he must have some kind of 2 pair, most likely QJ if you say he is a bad player. I don't think he will lead with KT JJ, QQ,AA, but who knows maybe he had runner runner flush in mind :D

pokerbet365
09-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Interesting hand.In the flop have 3 kinds color cards(not chance for flush) and I have top 2 pairs,and for me its must call ! :)