PDA

View Full Version : NL100: middle pair

daneo68
11-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Oddly enough, i played a hand almost exactly like this one yesterday. I thought i'd post it and see how someone else may have played it. I think i made a mistake with my turn bet (probably should have checked ).
I have $135. My opponent in the SB has $75. He's half-way decent, a little loose, and a little trickey.

3 limpers to me. I call with 6:diamond:7:diamond: SB calls BB checks. 6-way pot.
$6

J:diamond:6:club:4:spade:

everyone checks to me. i decide to fire out $5. only the SB calls.
$16

turn: 4:diamond:

SB checks. I fire $10. he flat calls again. hmm...

$26
river: 10:diamond:

he suddenly bets $10 into the pot.

I take a while and finally decide to pay him off with my low flush on a paired board. I figured him for either top or middle pair to call my bet, neither of which would allow for the flush right now. I also didn't think he'd call my flop bet with just two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. A flopped set was a definate possibility, but for a small bet, i figured i'd take my chances.

I called and he showed K:spade:4:heart:

thoughts?

realboy
11-18-2011, 07:32 AM
I dont see any problem with how you played it. If you didnt pick up the flush draw, I would check and concede most every time, but with the flush draw, I would probably bet about half the time.
Never raise that river bet though.

The Werewolf
12-10-2011, 11:11 PM
With limpers in front I almost always raise this pre.

I'm not a huge fan of the turn bet, the only thing in his range you're beating is 53 and 75. Are you trying to get Jx to fold? I wouldn't unless I had a read that he's WT.

The river looks a blocking bet by him, less than half the pot, you have a flush, no way you can even think about folding.

MikeX
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I think you made the right move everywhere, except I don't think I would've fired $5 at the $6 pot -- a $4 bet will be just as effective at folding the field in most cases, right? Just a small edge. Other than that, great job.

Maybe someone would like to discuss the merits of taking a shot at the pot at all on the flop?

yanka50
09-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I think you played it well. The bet he fires on the river is stopper bet in my opinion. But your hand isn't strong enough for that board to reraise.