PDA

View Full Version : Preflop raise

Fish
12-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I have about 10,000 hands on Poker tracker and i'm happy with my stats...apart from my PFR which is at 4.85% at 1/2c - 5/10c NL - By excession's stats i'm a Mouse and have been since day 1 haha. Can anybody tell me how to play AJ, AT, KQ, KJ and to increase it to excession's optimum level of +7% full ring? Currently i'm mostly raising with AA-99 and AK and AQ. Anything else and i'm happy to not raise with them. Looking at my PT i'm even laying down AJ and KQ alot. As i don't know how to play them when one or two players limp to me and i'm in MP or LP.

When should i raise with this hands? ie MP and no limpers. MP postion with one limper? two limpers raise or call? In recent weeks , i've just been throwing them away which is plain stupid. It must be having a dextrimental effect on my bb/100. I'm currently running at 15bb/100. However, i'm sure a more skilled player at these stakes i.e a TAA would be able to achieve 20+. Any advice on playing these weaker picture cards? Thanks for any input. On the flip side, it depends on your skill level. By not playing these it might have saved me money. As they're very trappy -_- yet i've been playing for a while now and should be able to get away from bad situations. I hope so....

The Werewolf
12-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Position is more important than cards.

I raise any two cards on the button if it's folded to me. I raise any two playable cards (All broadway, all pairs, all connectors down to 54, and suited one-gappers down to 64) on tthe button or in the cutoff if it's limped to me with 1-2 limpers. In the HJ position (two off the button), if it's limped to me, I tighten up just a bit more, but still raise anything that looks good.

Hands like AJ and KQ are totally worth a raise in MP if it's limped to you. Especially at the baby levels, you will get people limp-calling Ax and KJ/KT way more often than AQ/AK.

haleylawrence
01-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Interesting thing to really learn about here. I just really hope that things would have been good and it would be well in the long run. I think that this

ohmesohrny
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
First off, 10k hands is a small sample so dont pay too much attention to these stats. Saying that, a 4% PFR is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too small

Dont look to be adding in specific hands just to get your PFR up. Worse idea you could come up with. Not trying to be rude btw. My wording is poos perhaps but this is definitely the wrong way to approach this

Your mind is definitely in the right place so that is good. You should be looking for more optimal spots to get the money not just specific hands. If raising 72 from the button is profitable becasue your opponents have a fold to steal of 90 then this is increasing your PFR because your raising more PF. I think you get the point.

A standard nit reg at lower limits will be running 13/11. So you definitely need to be playing more pots. My guess would be your not opeing pots in late position when its folded to you. Your sticking with a pre set of hands to open regardless of position and players lready in the pot.

Granted at 2nl and 4nl your going to see a ton of pots wulti way and perhaps raising anything other then premiums may be good enough to beat these games. Ive never played these limits so I cant be certain. I will say that this strategy will never work once you move up in limits. The only guys i see running a 4% pfr are short stacking regs and total nits who dont make much money.

Now if your VPIP is high then this is also a leak. Your vpip should usually be around the same as your pfr. Usually it will be a bit higher simply because were limping the SB at times and limping behind the opther 4 players who already limped in and we have say 22 or other small PPs

My stats are 31/25. I play mainly 6 max but I used to play FR and if im remembering correctly I was right around 19/15 Some where around that