Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Thread: Housekeepers

Housekeepers

For the most part I'm fairly frugal by nature. The areas where I'm willing to spend more money than I have to are all areas where I've decided that my life energy is worth expending. Nice dinners out once a week, nice wine with dinner at home a couple times a week, a couple of fairly expensive vacations per year, and our housekeeper because both SO and I really don't enjoy that chore. Beyond these four things I'm not a big spender. I rarely buy new clothes, I'm driving a 21 year old car that I inherited, I keep the thermostat as cold as SO will grudgingly tolerate, etc.

I mention our housekeeper because I'm curious what those of you who hire housekeepers, if there are any who do, pay. Our housekeeper teams up with her sister and they are here 1.5 - 2 hours every other week. The rate is $150/cleaning. They bring all their own supplies and tools and, frankly, do a fantastic job so I consider it life energy well spent. If I did it myself it would be quite a bit more life energy for an inferior result and the energy would not be spent happily.

When last I had a housekeeper here, ~10 years ago, it was $25/hour, and the quality of the work was extremely high.

Today if I hired one, it'd be $45/hour for very poor quality work.

Having the right equipment can definitely make a difference. I've heard good things about spin mops for keeping floors looking good with less effort. And upgrading to a lightweight vacuum with all the attachments sounds like a game-changer, especially with messy spouses.
    When it comes to cleaning upholstery, hiring a professional is always a smart move, especially for cream-colored couches. They have the right tools and expertise to get the job done well.
    Personally, I give a call to moving assistance Malmo when I need a clean place to avoid any arguments.