Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Thread: Anxiety and CBD

Anxiety and CBD

Ok - so, full disclosure - I've been dealing with a fairly recent and fairly sudden onset of anxiety lately. (This started in mid-August.) I'm on meds and have started seeing a therapist. It sucks, but I'm doing my best to pull through. I thank god for the incredible support around me including friends, parents, and my students (at first I wasn't going to discuss it with them but I'm glad I did, the support has been overwhelming and wonderful). I'm also fortunate to love my work (I'm a musician for those of you who may not know) - it seems to be good therapy and often, if not always, allows me to take my mind off my problems. I'm generally happiest when I'm working, although every day is its own thing right now. All I can do is trust and hope and keep going, and hang on to the good moments and don't forget them. I haven't been out on this site as much recently, but I'm starting to post more often again. I'm here and I'm trying to live my life as normally as I can. I'll pull through.

I have not mentioned this out here yet, but now I have.

In any case, a friend (someone who has been on this site at times) introduced me to CBD oil as a possible addition to the meds I'm already taking. (My doctor approved it also.) I initially found that it was making me more emotional than maybe I wanted to be, and I stopped regular use after a few days. I've tried it occasionally since and it may be helping a little, at least temporarily, but it's hard to tell. I know it's the "new fad" but people seem to believe in it. I'm wondering if anyone out here has had any experiences with it - has it worked for you?