Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Hybrid View

PokerCents
    Quote Originally Posted by YouGotPLOwned View Post
    atta boy. some awesome tangents in there.
    thoroughly enjoyed, post more etc etc
    Oh my god. You can see what's happening, I'm sure. I can't hold a thought to it's conclusion; the instant another buzzword I want to talk about is written, I'm off. Which isn't horrifying unless you don't circle back to close it out. Which I literally never manage to do. Terrible.

I might be the worst writer alive. I don't think I even finished the story where I started about the speeding where I ran a family off the road. The conclusion was kind of important. Actually the entire story is about one of the greatest, provable conspiracies going on right now. They're doing it to you right now.

"Please don't kill or maim any pedestrians or cyclists with your car today."

"Well okay, but only because you asked so politely."

"Now stop reading this and concentrate!"

"Fuck off you can't tell me what to do."

It's funny because some of you who aren't Toddlers wouldn't understand how common the above internal dialogue would actually be. And Toddlers don't understand anything. They're not even reading. They just don't like being told what to do. Do that, and they'll just as soon do the opposite to spite you.

Toddlers are very shrewd. Little too stupid to be shrewd but that doesn't stop them. It's called "free will" to explicitly act in ways that aren't in your own best interest. That's why they legislate against insane behaviour.

It's not to deter the insane. That's impossible. If you're reading it, it's for you. You're not insane, so why would you do such a thing?

That's how they get you to do it.

This is pure logic. If you cannot follow it, sorry Toddler. There's nothing I can do. But you would be doing yourSelf a favour to stop imagining you have a clue.

They don't want you speeding. You could hurt yourSelf. They will warn you. Do not speed. "Every km over is a Killer."

They will laser gun if they have to. God damn Toddlers cannot help themSelves. You warn them and you warn them but what in the hell are you to do with these speeding Toddlers?

They'll take your license away when you get so many fines you rack up 12 demerit points.

Then in 3 months, they'll give it back to you. You'll have learned your lesson. That's how lessons in this horrifying world are 'taught'. Punishment and Sticks to 'teach' confused children why they don't really want to be driving like a fucking maniac; for literally no reason other than speed for the sake of speed.

Then they'll take your license away again when you lose all your points again. What are they supposed to do with you, Toddler? You're out of control.

Then in 6 months they'll give it back to you.

Three-strike penalties are big. Huge, like crazy disproportionate. Why you could almost be forgiven for thinking it was a 3-punch combo setup. They slap your wrist to warn you, clearly you haven't been punished hard enough. They try a little harder, two slaps on your wrist. That should do it! That must be the problem with your compulsive insanity which couldn't ever be in your best interests, literally, ever.

That didn't do it. One slap, two slaps on the wrist didn't work? What to do...? Here's some gang rape.

What are they supposed to do with Toddlers who cannot learn their lesson not to speed?

And you could run a car off the road and very nearly kill humans including yourSelf and you can go into the Police Station wracked with guilt almost begging them to take your license off you but why would they do that? You haven't committed a crime. Where's the bodies? Who's complaining?

Why was I wasting his fucking time. "Go on. Get out of here." I understood. He didn't want the paperwork.

All the above and a great deal more happened to me. I thought I was insane. I couldn't stop speeding so I did the decent thing, FINALLY. It was a huge blow to my 'ego' as a young Australian male but I was forced to admit it to myself. I was insane. Something was wrong with me. So I cut my license up and gave my car away. No more driving. Haven't driven since.

I have no motive to cause suffering; maybe you do?

The government believes it has a motive, but I had to suffer for a decade before realising it wasn't my 'fault'.

Intelligence Quiz on Motive:
    a) Is the motive of the government to prevent drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles from feeling it's okay to text whilst driving?
    b) Is the motive of the government to encourage drivers of Non-Commercial Motor Vehicles to feel it's okay to text whilst driving?

Which one do you think is the likely motive for that warning message for CMV drivers?

You got it wrong. It's a Trick Question. It's Spam's Trick. They just want to distract you. Consider it, and you'd have to be insane not to, and you lose. They don't really win.

They just make Toddlers lose.

This is how they make you suffer so they can control you. These are their Protection Racket tricks I'm showing you. They don't really care about you. That's the proof that they care about you maliciously when they pretend to.

A speed-limited vehicle would have the same performance as an unlimited vehicle up to the preset speed. However, the engine power would drop off above that speed. A consequence is that the driver would no longer take the risk of trying to overtake at grossly excessive speeds (Plowden & Hillman, 1984 - Plowden also discusses alternatives to an instant drop off in power. For example TNO in the Netherlands is currently evaluating an actuator which increases the accelerator pedal stiffnes when a set speed is exceeded).

Speed limiting would be a strong deterrent to theft and joyriding. And there is the issue of teenagers borrowing the family car! In the latter case this could be an additional application for smart keys, which adjust the seating position according to the programmed key which opened the door. The speed limiter could be set to the Australian provisional driver speed limit of 80km/h.

Optional speed limiting could attract significant insurance discounts.

Voluntary speed-limiting need not carry a stigma. After all, Formula 1 racing drivers have resorted to speed limiters to avoid the severe penalties of speeding in the pit lane.

Compliance with speed limits

Recommended scenarios
    Based on the assumptions set out in this report, the scenarios showing the most
    promise are, in order of merit (benefit cost ratio in brackets):
    1. All new vehicles fitted with a top speed limiter set at 120km/h at a cost of 50 cents per vehicle (90:1)
    2. All new vehicles require a speedometer scale no more than 120km/h at a cost of $1 per vehicle (23:1)
    3. Deviant motorists (worse 3%) required to only drive speed limited or, preferably, VMD equipped vehicles (1.5:1 if the $1000 cost of retro-fitting device is included, although this is more of a penalty for the driver than a cost to the community)
    4. Roadways are fitted with simple speed limit transmitters (eg coded magnetic strips or nails) at a statewide cost of about $10 million and about 20% of vehicles are voluntarily equipped with sensors and speed control devices or alarms at a cost of $300 per vehicle (0.9:1 - the incentive in this case is avoiding speeding penalties. If only the roadway components are costed the ratio is 13:1)
    5. Roadways are fitted with speed limit transmitters and new vehicles plus 20% of existing vehicles are fitted with automatic speed limiters (0.6:1)
    6. It is recommended that consideration be given to an ADR which requires cars to be speed limited to 120km/h.
    7. It is recommended that ADR 18 be revised to require a maximum speedometer reading of 120km/h and, in the case of analogue displays, that the pointer be vertical at 60km/h.

Shucks. If only the government had known about this cost-benefit ratio when I was driving in 2002!

This report was commissioned by the Vehicle and Equipment Safety Section, Road
    Safety and Traffic Management Directorate, Roads and Traffic Authority of New
    South Wales, Australia.
    ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
    Several organisations provided assistance for th is project and th eir contribution is
    gratefully acknowledged: Road Safety and Traffic Resource Library, Director of
    Staysafe, Road Safety and Traffic Management Directorate (Road Environment and
    Information Services), Mr Doug Quail (RTA ITS Coordinator), VDO Instruments and
    vehicle manufacturers' representatives. Mr Ray Gigg provided technical assistance.
    REFERENCE
    Paine, M. (1996) Speed Control Devices for Cars.
    For the Road Safety & Traffic Management Directorate
    Roads and Traffic Authority, NSW
    Research Report RR 5/95, June 1996.

Oh.