Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Threaded View

Looking for Real Estate advice.

I have a rental property that I own with some friends, but the mortgage on it is in my name.
    Right now we have a handshake agreement about what % everyone owns and there are renters paying the mortgage. The cash is just accumulating for unexpected expenses.
    We've often talked about formalizing things and putting the property into an LLC and then have us all own a % of the LLC. However I am worried that the bank may call the loan, especially since the rate is in the mid 3s.
    What is the best thing to do in this situation to formalize things? I am pretty new to RE and having a rental. I know there are some really seasoned RE investors and am just looking for advice.
    I have looked into having the land trust own the property and then have an LLC own the land trust.

I know that it was incredibly stupid for me to not have things formalized sooner with an LLC or something before hand but here we are.

If anyone has an attorney who specialized in RE they recommend reaching out to I'd appreciate that too. Thanks!