Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Tournament game or Live Cash table which onse better

I have been playing since over an year now and still struggle to be a winning player in a live cash game. I have played handful of live tournies where a friend organizes an informal poker tourney with 15-20 players and have had good success (in the money) there almost always.

I am generally an aggressive player and my strategy for tournies is to play a little loose in the start and tight in the later stages. Obviously I calibrate based on how the opponents are playing.

I tried various strategies in the live cash game. But I still can't win. I most certainly have to get my bankroll management act straight. But I do a lot of things while on the table. One hand I try to get a tell on someone and lose the betting track. Then the other I track the bet but no show down (waste of efforts). Correct me if I am wrong here but would it help to track the betting pattern in the hands with no showdown? In the end of the day I don't have a defined process and it gets really confusing for me. Ultimately I can't make effective use of my time when not in a hand. Does someone have a defined methodology to track betting patterns for live cash games? Also any tips on live cash games in general would really help.

Where could I find a good bankroll management advice?