Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

Calling a shortstack

I have been playing ring games for about 6 months and have worked up to the NL100. I recently saw a play on a NL100 game that I considered a good play. As I am fairly new to online play, I would like some opinions on this play.

10 players were at the table blinds were .50 and $1.00. After the blinds were posted utg +1 limps, next guy, who had a total of 8.25, goes all in pre-flop and the cutoff player calls. Everyone else folds including utg + 1. The flop come up 910Q turn and river are smaller unsuited cards. cutoffs cards turn up and he has Q10. Short stack goes nuts and says he can't believe cutoff player called him pre-flop with those cards. I thought it was a good call due to short stack players style of play, and I felt the short stack player was just trying to steal the blinds. *note: cutoff was chip leader and had just come off a 100.00 win the hand before.* short stack players cards muck so don't know what he had.

PokerCents
    I personally wouldnt have called the all in with Q10, but Ive seen lots of guys do it. They figure its "only $8". These $8's can add up over time though. He also had to worry about the blinds and the limper, who may have had a hand that they wanted to call with.
    I would fold, but I dont think its anything for the short stack to get worked up about. Thats what he gets for playing a shortstack in the first place.

I fold. The only reason I would want to play Q10s at all is for a shot at a sizable stack. This seems like a nobrainer to me.