Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the PokerCrack Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Chip Poker

Bovada bonus

NL100: middle pair

Oddly enough, i played a hand almost exactly like this one yesterday. I thought i'd post it and see how someone else may have played it. I think i made a mistake with my turn bet (probably should have checked ).
    I have $135. My opponent in the SB has $75. He's half-way decent, a little loose, and a little trickey.

3 limpers to me. I call with 67 SB calls BB checks. 6-way pot.
    $6

J64

everyone checks to me. i decide to fire out $5. only the SB calls.
    $16

turn: 4

SB checks. I fire $10. he flat calls again. hmm...

$26
    river: 10

he suddenly bets $10 into the pot.

I take a while and finally decide to pay him off with my low flush on a paired board. I figured him for either top or middle pair to call my bet, neither of which would allow for the flush right now. I also didn't think he'd call my flop bet with just two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. A flopped set was a definate possibility, but for a small bet, i figured i'd take my chances.

I called and he showed K4

thoughts?

PokerCents
    I dont see any problem with how you played it. If you didnt pick up the flush draw, I would check and concede most every time, but with the flush draw, I would probably bet about half the time.
    Never raise that river bet though.

With limpers in front I almost always raise this pre.

I'm not a huge fan of the turn bet, the only thing in his range you're beating is 53 and 75. Are you trying to get Jx to fold? I wouldn't unless I had a read that he's WT.

The river looks a blocking bet by him, less than half the pot, you have a flush, no way you can even think about folding.

I think you made the right move everywhere, except I don't think I would've fired $5 at the $6 pot -- a $4 bet will be just as effective at folding the field in most cases, right? Just a small edge. Other than that, great job.

Maybe someone would like to discuss the merits of taking a shot at the pot at all on the flop?

I think you played it well. The bet he fires on the river is stopper bet in my opinion. But your hand isn't strong enough for that board to reraise.